Windows can't install your Prolific USB-to-Serial (converter). Okay, this is just easy to fix, but honestly it took me 15 minutes to figured out what was wrong. I already tried several versions of prolific drivers and other drivers for USB to RS232 converter made by other manufacturers.
Anyways, mine is made by Prolific. Prolific is the manufacturer, there are lots of USB-to-Serial RS232 converters out in the market that are not complicated to install.
Okay, getting straight, mine now is working! Kindly uninstall any prolific (non-working) drivers in your computer and then follow my instructions.
1. Download this file. CLICK HERE (my Google Drive Mirror)
2. Save the file in your Desktop (for easy access).
3. Click START >> Right click My Computer >> Click Properties >> Click Device Manager.
4. Click USB-Serial Controller, or under the Ports, please click Prolific USB-to-Serial
5. Click Update Driver
6. Click Browse and locate the folder that you've downloaded from my site.
7. Finally, let me know if this works for you :)
article by: Glenn Posadas
additional title: how to fix usb to rs232 prolific, prolific driver, real driver for prolific windows vista and windows 7 x86. Driver for prolific USB to rs232 windows 7 32bit. Cannot install driver for prolific usb to serial. Windows x64 driver for prolific usb to rs232 serial converter
Sharing is so Easy: